Saturday, April 22, 2017, 9 am – 12 pm
Dedicated volunteers will be cleaning up sites around Napa.
Keep Napa clean by preventing trash from getting to our River, then celebrate our river at Napa’s annual Earth Day Festival!
- Downtown Napa, behind Firefighter’s Museum at the corner of Main and Pearl Streets. Important!–Volunteers are encouraged to clean the downtown streets and stay away from the reach of Napa Creek where construction was just finished so that the creek banks have time to stabilize and new plantings are not disturbed.
- South Wetlands, southern end of Jefferson St.
- Salvador Creek- Vintage High- meet at quad by gym
- Oxbow District- north end of the market parking lot next to the river
- Kennedy Park, boat ramp
- Gear: Garbage bags, latex gloves, and light refreshments will be provided at each site. Wear sunscreen and clothes that you are willing to get dirty.
- Water: Though we will provide water, in the interest of conserving resources and stopping the cycle of plastic waste in our waterways, we encourage you to bring your own water in re-usable containers.
- Waiver: Children under 18 are required to have a liability waiver form signed by a parent or legal guardian before they can participate. Download the waiver here.
- Sponsors: Earth Day Napa River Cleanup is coordinated by the Napa County RCD and Napa Spring Clean with funding provided by the Napa County Flood Control and Water Conservation District.
- Special thanks: Napa Recycling and Waste Services, Friends of the Napa River, Napa Valley CanDo, Napa Spring Clean, City of Napa Recycling, and Napa Valley Register