Saturday, September 16: 9 am – 12 pm
Clean your way to the coast and help keep Napa clean during the 32nd annual California Coastal Cleanup Day! This event is part of International and California Coastal Clean-up Day where thousands of volunteers in all 50 states and 100 countries take part in the world’s largest waterway and beach cleanup of the year!
In Napa County last year, over 420 volunteers cleaned 3,779 pounds of trash and 5,198 pounds of recyclables from Napa’s waterways! The CA Coastal Commission has produced an interactive map of cleanup locations in Napa County, along with every corner of the state, visit: www.coastalcleanupday.org
How does it work? – Pick any site that you are interested in volunteering at, grab some supplies if you have them, and show up to cleanup!
2017 Cleanup Sites:
- Downtown Napa, at the corner of Main and Pearl Streets near Napa Ck.
- Oxbow District Flood Bypass, under the Wine Train bridge of McKinstry Street
- South Wetlands, end of Jefferson Street
- Kennedy Park, boat dock
- Edgerley Island- across from 1580 Milton Road
- Salvador Creek/Vintage High School quad, off Trower Rd
- Riverside Drive, 100 Riverside Drive near the boat launch
* Important! Volunteers are encouraged to clean the downtown streets and stay away from the banks of Napa Creek that contain restoration plantings.
- Jacob Meily Park, Located at Pope Street and Mariposa Lane
American Canyon – Contact: Stacey Johnson – SJohnson@cityofamericancanyon.org or 707-647-5333
- Community Park 2, 319 Donaldson Way
Lake Berryessa – Contact: Marianne.Butler@Solanorcd.org or 567-674-5611
- Markley Cove
- Steele Canyon
- Pope Creek Bridge (Ground, Dive, Canoe, & Kayak)
Calistoga – Contact: Louise Harrison – LHarrison@ci.calistoga.ca.us or 707-942-2780
- Washington St Bike Path (Corporation Yard to Dunaweal Ln)
- Napa River adjacent to Pioneer Park
- Old Pacific Railroad Right-of-Way (Lincoln to Little League Field)
- Oat Hill Mine Trail head (Lincoln Ave & Silverado Trail)
- Gear: Garbage buckets,bags, latex gloves, and light refreshments will be provided. Bring your own bucket or bin to help us reduce single use bag usage/waste. Wear sunscreen and work clothes.
- Water: Bring your own re-usable containers
- Waiver: All participants must sign a waiver! Also,children under 18 are required to have a liability waiver form signed by a parent or legal guardian before they can participate. Download mandatory waiver: English, Spanish
- Questions? Email Jemma@NapaRCD.org or call 707-252-4189 x3117
This Cleanup is made possible by: California Coastal Commission, Napa Countywide Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program, City of American Canyon, City of Napa, Town of Calistoga, County of Napa, City of St. Helena, Napa Recycling & Waste Services, Upper Valley Waste Management District, and Recology.